Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) Upgrade for ASUS ZenFone Selfie ZD551KL
Android Marshmallow Upgrade for ASUS ZenFone Selfie – ASUS has been rolled out the Marshmallow update for Zenfone Selfie (ZD551KL). Asus ZenFone 2, Zenfone 2 Laser, and Zenfone Max already received the Android Marshmallow update. The update is an Official build which rolled out in phase wise manner. The Marshmallow upgrade for Asus ZenFone Selfie is rolling out via OTA (Over the Air) that pushed out on June 30.
The ASUS ZenFone Selfie runs on Android Lollipop but now you can Update ASUS ZenFone Selfie to Marshmallow. Not only does the software update bring the smartphone from Lollipop to Marshmallow, but the ASUS ZenFone Selfie ZD551KL also bring in several features like Doze, Now on Tap, Google Calender, Google Messenger, Dr. Boot, Runtime Permissions and Google Now on Tap to the device. And will be remove ASUS Messenger, ASUS Mail, ASUS Calendar, Google Setting, and Google+.
If the FOTA update hasn’t reached you yet and you really can’t wait, you can follow the instructions for a manual update and download links in bellow. But before upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow make sure backup your data and update to the latest Lollipop firmware V22.214.171.1242
Marshmallow Upgrade for ASUS ZenFone Selfie
- Software update to Android 6.0 Mashmallow. Internal storage will decrease slightly after update, suggest to back up data and relocate media file (pictures & video clip) to SD card to reserve enough storage before starting the software update.
- Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- Multi-user function won’t be supported if the account is deleted. Please keep your account to continue usage.
- The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loaded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
- Omlet Chat
- Data Transfer
- Photo Frame
- ASUS Backup
- Dr. Safety
- What’s Next
- Party Link
- Remote Link
- PC Link
- Yahoo Shopping
- EZ Ding
- Puffin Browser
- Google settings (Integrated in ASUS Settings)
Add new features and new apps
- Google Calendar
- Google Messenger
- Dr. Booster
- ASUS Email
- ASUS Calendar
- ASUS Messaging will no longer be pre-loaded in this version. You can use Gmail, Google Calendar & Google Messenger provides corresponding services
Please backup your SDcard data before upgrade to Marshmallow with following steps:
- Connect your ZenFone and computer with USB cable
- Enter your ZenFone storage via computer
- Select all data and copy it. Paste all your SD card data to your computer
Steps of Update:
- Check software version of your device**
- Download device software and Update SOP (From “Manual” Item)
- Only apply to same SKU update, Example: WW->WW, CN->CN, TW->TW.
- Software update cannot transfer the software SKU and downgrade the software version.
- Wrong SKU may cause update failure, please update the same SKU version only.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow to ASUS ZenFone Selfie ZD551KL
Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow for ZenFone Selfie
|File Size||1.63 GB Full Firmware|
|Download from||Marshmallow Firmware|